Monday, December 22, 2008

The Incredible Shrinking Snowman

I am sure you are all sick of hearing about the snow, but it is so incredible. A friend told me today that the last time it snowed like this in Portland was 1968!! It is crazy! The kids made a snow fort today that is actually quite large and completely covered in snow (it snowed almost all day, again). There is a layer of ice about 10 inches down. The kids broke off pieces of ice and walked around eating them. Djeryd insisted it was his food storage supply of pizza. He stashed the chunks in the "freezer" in his snow fort.



Sean said he was "popping a major wheelie" in this picture. The level of the yard is so high that I am getting views of my culdesac I have never seen.


And last, but not least, our dear shrinking snowman. He is drowning in snow and I am beginning to fear for his little, cold life. As you can see he has lost all of his gumdrop teeth. I believe quality of life sharply declines without proper dental care. I suppose if the suffocating snow does not do him in, then surely his poor oral health will.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Castiel Moyes said...

We are loving the snow as well! It has been so fun. Sorry we missed out on sledding with you the other day.

Annalea said...

I'm sitting here, chuckling away. You're so much fun to read! (And to talk to, and be with, of course!)

Proper dental care . . . lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...