Sunday, December 21, 2008

Nine Whopping Inches . . . and Counting


We were snowed in, yet again, today. One more week without church. It feels very weird to not be at church. We finally got around to making ornaments today. I printed them sometime last week as I was feeling guilty for not encouraging holiday crafting traditions (I am horrible about traditions). I think they turned out really cute.


We woke up to a one inch glaze of ice over our 6 inches of snow this morning. We then got more freezing rain and more snow. We are up to nine total inches of snow on the ground right now. I wish I would have charted the snow fall with Djeryd each day for a math/science project. I have lived in Oregon City for virtually 19 years and I have NEVER seen this much snow! It is crazy, and so much fun to witness. Though I don't think we'll be heading up to Mt. Hood for our annual snow day - we are getting pretty snowed out.

Our snow-drowned vegetable garden.




The backyard is beautiful with all of the light reflecting off the snow.



The snowman the boys built yesterday is slowly being absorbed by the freezing rain, sleet, and snow. (One-third of his 30-hour-old body has melded into the accumulating snow.)

I hope you are all warm and safe and cozy.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...