Monday, December 15, 2008

A Space of One's Own

I am turning into a blogging junkie. Sometimes I just pull up my blog and leave it on my desktop. I have nothing to say; I just want to look at it. At first I thought I was just being vain (which is not much of a stretch for me), but then I realized what I love about seeing my blog. It is the one clean, organized space in my entire life. No matter how messy and chaotic my house or my life feels at the time, my blog is quiet and calm and full of beautiful things that I love and that I find interesting.

Maybe that is egocentric. I prefer to think of it as having a space of my own - a firm suggestion issued by Edith Wharton, if I'm not mistaken. Space that I can design and redesign at will. Space that I can lose myself in when I don't want to be found. Space that allows me to look at my life in a beautiful, orderly way. Space that reminds me about the most important people in my life - my husband and my children. Space that allows me to speak and then be heard, even if it is only by myself reading my own posting. Space that inspires me with pictures and books and quotes and stories that remind me of important moments and thoughts in my life. Space that refreshes me and brightens my perspective. Space that is all my own.

4 comments:

Ju said...

Hey Myleige, I found your blog through Season's. And I have to say I love this post. I feel like I should link to in on my next post :o) ha... it is exactly how I feel.

MoM and DaD said...

Life...the final frontier. Live long and prosper.

Castiel Moyes said...

Hi! I am so glad I found your blog. I wish you would have told me about it. I have loved looking at all your posts. You have such a beautiful way of expressing yourself. I always feel like mine is like me throwing up on the computer and putting it out there for all to see! What a great photographer you are as well! Who knew?! Anyway I am linking your blog on mine so I can be inspired often. And I loved this last post becasue you finally put into words how I feel about my blog. That is JUST how I feel and why I blog so often. It is my space to escape and be heard even if only by myself. Love it!

Annalea said...

"It is the one clean, organized space in my entire life."

Amen, and amen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...