Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"I Am Not a Failure"

One of my friends said she got so discouraged reading other people's blogs because their lives seem so perfect. I try very hard to keep a positive outlook, and my blog helps me remember and celebrate the positive in my life. However, in an effort to maintain balance, I am sharing a negative - though Sean insists I should see it as a positive.

I have been homeschooling my oldest son, Djeryd, at his request, since September. It has been a tremendous joy for me; one of the most fulfilling things I have ever done with my life. But the time has come to send him back to public school. I will not go into the reasons because then people think they can give me simple solutions and solve it all, and they can't. It just needs to be.

And my heart is breaking.

And I have to keep telling myself, "I am not a failure."

And it hurts.

2 comments:

Diane said...

I love reading your blog. You are so positive and I feel uplifted while reading about your amazing life! I am so sorry things are hard. I do not know your situation but I am sure you are not a failure. I love the new blog design as well!

Sierra said...

I look forward to talking to you tomorrow about this shift, as well as other thoughts. You hadn't mentioned the change to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...