Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sew Many Projects


Crazy things have been happening around my house lately. It's actually getting cleaner every day. I am turning into a cleaning/organizing/rearranging/crazy woman! I know the phase won't last long, so I am taking full advantage of it. I want to dump out every drawer, empty every closet, repaint every surface, and make every last thing beautiful. I love it when everything is fresh.

So here are a couple of my latest projects: Sean brought home a bookcase from work tonight that was ours, but on loan to work. I was planning on filling it with homeschool books. But . . . the sew-er (I hyphenated that word lest you think I meant sewer - like where the rats live (and Lex Luther)) in me said: "Wait a second! I have been longing for a sewing studio space, and here it is! Yippee!" So I cleaned out my overstuffed sewing drawer, emptied a box of some of my favorite fabric onto the shelves and . . . viola`! I have a studio - at least as close I will get to one in our present circumstances.

It is not much, but it makes me happy.


Another little project I made today was something I found in the book Vintage Style. It is actually made for clothespins for hanging wash on the line (is there anything more lovely?). I put all of Anna's little, tiny dolly clothes in it. She drug it around everywhere with her today. A success!



And last, but not least . . . in renegotiating the furniture to squeeze in the new bookcase/sewing studio (I know it is absurd to continually call it a studio, but I am exercising the power of positive thought), I brought in a small desk for the kids. It has cubbies and pencil holders fitted for the desk so it seemed like a perfect writing center for the munchkins.

I filled it with empty home-bound books, pencils, our new origami projects, and inspiration. Djeryd already has a million ideas to outfit it for some serious creative exploration.

To my utter delight, before Djeryd went to bed, he snuck a little "official" sign for his new desk. It says "Publisher". I am beaming.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Leslee said...

I love it!!! Your studio is very pretty and functional. Enjoy!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...