Monday, February 16, 2009

Under Construction

As we prepare for the sale of our current home, a certain level of deconstruction has become inevitable. We are installing new counter tops (the old ones were warped due to poor seaming by the previous installers). The new counter tops are almost black and the color of our kitchen WAS a dark blue-grey. Sean felt it would make for a very dark kitchen so, as you can see in the pictures above and below, today my beautiful designer kitchen was cheapened and turned into a boring, old, plain white, tract-house kitchen - an abomination, really.

With help from family we also managed to yank out quite a few carpets (brand new carpets are coming on Wednesday). Our bedroom is the only carpeted room to have survived the day unscathed. Consequently, it is serving as the family bedroom. It's kind of fun to be all squished together. It reminds me of staying in our hotel room at Disneyland, and that makes me so happy. I had a Jamba Juice today which also reminded me of many happy mornings heading through Downtown Disney to get my daily Jamba Juice and muffin (I only indulge in such things while vacationing). But I digress . . .


And lastly, if Anna looks like she is a glowing angel, that's because she is. (I so love braids and ribbons and pink dresses and little girls who adore having their picture taken - even if it is of the back of their head).



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...