Monday, March 9, 2009

Blowing Art

For a fun art project today, I set the little ones up with three small bowls of watered down tempera paints, a rinse water bowl, an eye dropper, plenty of white copy paper, and two straws. I showed them how to use the eye dropper to make dots of paint on the paper, rinsing the dropper between each color change. Then I demonstrated what happens to the drops when you blow on them through a straw.

They had a great time. I think their favorite part was playing with the eye dropper. I would like to come up with some more activities where they can use the dropper. It got a little messy towards the end, but not bad. Dispensing the very thin paints with only an eyedropper seriously cut down on the volume of mess that could have been created. Paint smocks are a definite must, however. I used washable paints, so everything was a breeze for the kids to wipe up after they finished. Give it a try!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...