Sunday, April 5, 2009

Little Loves

My dear, little nieces came to play the other day and wound up laboring beside their mother and I in painting my bedroom. They worked so hard and were very eager to show off their paint roller skills. They entertained me with stories and songs and just their sweet company. I am such a lucky aunt (and my sister is such a good mama in raising these wonderful girls).

The heat went out a whole five days into our living in our new house. Thank goodness we have a gas fireplace and the house is well insulated. Djeryd curled up under a blanket by the fire to do his school work that day. I love observing him absorbed in a task.

And Mister Energy Erik came bounding downstairs this morning looking to help me make breakfast for the family (a weekend luxury in this house). He did everything I asked and stayed on task with a bright, beautiful smile on his face. Could I possibly ask for more?

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sierra said...

Lovely. Everyone happy and helping and enjoying life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...