Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Screamin' Family Night

I scream, you scream! We all scream for ice cream! Three cheers for the most glorious weather we have experienced in six months!!! Monday was an absolutely gorgeous day over here in the Pacific Northwest. I donned a skirt and spent most of the day wandering barefoot around my newly acquired yard. The kids played outside almost the entire day. It was seventy-five with clear, blue skies, and completely beautiful.

Sean called me at about three in the afternoon and said he wanted to eat dinner outside. Wahoo!! Djeryd and I drug out the dining room table (I am seriously amazed we did not break a leg off trying to turn it on its side, and then back upright). I pulled out tables linens and beautiful dishes and porcelain pitchers, and laid a lovely table in the bright sunshine for all the soccer players to see (I'm actually sort of getting used to the countless people staring into our yard and home from the fields behind our house - yikes!).

We had our Family Night lesson around the table, and played soccer once the city teams cleared out of "our" backyard. Graham cracker ice cream sandwiches seemed the perfect accompaniment for this most perfect of evenings. Look at the blue of that sky. Money can't buy an evening like that.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...