Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Where I've Been

Several months ago, Sean and I reserved a beach house for a week in March. Little did we know when we made that reservation it would be the calm before the storm - of moving, that is. It was very restful. Thankfully the rain stopped for a day and we actually got down to the beach to explore and take some beautiful pictures. So that's where I was two (or was it three?) weeks ago.

Then we spent an entire week preparing our new house for moving into. The following Saturday was a whirlwind and much longer than I remembered our last move to be (could it be the entire week prior to moving day on top of moving day?). Because my mother-in-law was moving the same day and my sister had her wisdom teeth pulled two days before, my mother was my one solace throughout the tumultuous day. She was an anchor of support and love and I dread the thought of living that day without her. (You see, Sean was busy moving both us and his parents.) By the end of the day we had the kitchen mostly assembled and dinner bubbling on the stove (we have had spaghetti for our first meal in every house we've lived in so far, complete coincidence). My dad brought pie and ice cream, and we had a ray of sunshine and hope as the sun was setting.

Of course everything needs to be painted and decorated. Boxes need to be opened and purged, and what's left needs to be fit into the space in a beautiful, orderly manner. We are taking it a day, a room, a box at a time.

What you see below is my favorite paint in the whole world - may it cover my home! I will be posting little room-by-room makeovers (because stuff like that makes me happy). Stay tuned. . . . Oh! And it's good to be back.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Castiel Moyes said...

I am very jealous of your beach stay.....I can't say so much of your move. IT'S THE WORST! I hope you have been okay. If you need any help please please please let me know. I would totally be willing to come and paint a wall or unpack a box or watch a child if you need! I am excited to see your maekovers! That makes me happy too.

Annalea said...

What a lovely living room! It's good to read a new post. :o) I can't wait to see what you do with your new nest, and I'm working on getting Girl's Night moved to Thursday . . . it'll probably start in a month or so (this month's Thursdays are almost all full). :o(

If you need a break, come and gate crash here . . . the kids can play, and we'll knit or something. (Or we can come your way, and I can help you with some boxes or rooms while my kids entertain yours . . . especially your talkative and mommy-loving Eric. ;o)

Have a great weekend!

Sara said...

oh dear my, i love you so much! we were both in moving mode at the same time! let's hope the storm is over, and lets vow to both just enjoy the next couple months of nesting into our new homes!:)
your home looks beautiful by the way! so fun to see your parents:)
i need your new address!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...