Friday, May 15, 2009

Photo Collage Tutorial



We have one very long wall in the front entrance of our home. It is part of hallway and leads to the living room. As such, I felt it provided a perfect opportunity to introduce visitors to our home and family as they actually come into the house. So here is what I came up with. I wanted a collection of images that capture our family as we really are, not just portraits, but memories, and silly things. I also wanted the kids to be subtly reminded of who they are and that they are a part of something really wonderful and special - our family.

I went to Goodwill and picked up a ton of little frames in my color scheme (black, mahogany, pine, and pewter). I added those to my existing stash and laid everything out in a pleasing arrangement on the floor based around a beautiful family name plaque that my mother-in-law gave us for Christmas. Once I had my frames balanced around the centerpiece, I messed around with snapshots making sure I had a good mix of kids and styles. Next, my sweet husband carefully traced each frame on a large piece of white craft paper in its correct spot (I was not incredibly meticulous as it was not necessary with the complete mis-matched mix of frames).

We taped the paper to the wall and labeled the drawn frames with a description of the frame/photo so that we could both work at the same time and still keep everything straight. After hanging all the pictures in their drawn-on boxes, we removed the paper from the wall and viola`:

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...