Friday, June 5, 2009

Flying High

Meet my very own World War I Flying Ace (a.k.a. Djeryd). Apparently the skies looked friendly this morning and Djeryd has been in them all day. The couch served as his initial aircraft for about an hour. After that, he donned his parachute and bailed . . .

Once he hit the ground he began construction on a brand new aircraft, unparalelled in design for the times. I had nothing, absolutley nothing, to do with this. He has been working on it for hours and, with the plans he has for his cockpit, I think it will be many more hours before he pronounces it "finished".

He did take it out for a test flight, sans controls. I hope he makes it down alright. It looks like he's spotted a good crash-landing spot, just in case his landing gear doesn't engage. Good luck, pilot, and "may the force be with you." (Oops! wrong movie - that always happens to me.)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Leslee said...

That is AWESOME!!! Very cleaver and creative. Way to go Djeryd!!!

Annalea said...

This is one of my most favorite parts of homeschooling: the long-term focus and immersion in one project. No time limits on the things they're interested in, no enforced subject switching when they're on a roll with something.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...