Friday, June 19, 2009

Midnight Tea Party

I believe I am the luckiest woman in the world. Not only am I married to Sean (which I think alone qualifies me as the luckiest woman in the world), and have three wonderful children, I am also auntie to eleven beautiful girls. Nine of them spent the night last night at our first annual Out of School Slumber Tea Party. We had soooo much fun! My little boys headed off to Salem for a boy-cousin-thing, and I got to keep all of my fabulous nieces for a girl-cousin-thing. We went to the park and ate pizza. Then the girls got all dressed up in their play clothes finery and headed downstairs for a very formal "midnight" tea party.

We had hot cocoa and scones (bad recipe!) and cucumber sandwiches on my very best china. The girls felt so very special. I think it helped that Uncle Sean donned his official wait-person attire and treated the girls like royalty - complete with English accent. They thought he was hysterical (so did I).

After tea they changed into jammies and proceeded to stay up until sometime after midnight talking and giggling (I went to bed in spite of the buzz of little girl whispers in the next room). They all got up at the crack of dawn and some of them were dressed before I even surfaced for the day. We had oatmeal pancakes, and chocolate chip pancakes and blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Yum-o! They all get along so well and love being together. Being their Auntie is one of my greatest blessings. I love you, little lady-bugs!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Evans Family said...

That is so cute! Can I be your niece, too??

Leslee said...

MyLiege, you did a WONDERFUL job. The girls were so excited about their party when I dropped in Friday morning. Perhaps next year Grandma can stay too. I love you!!!!!

Sierra said...

It was an epoch in my girls young lives. Thank you so much for delighting them and treating them like the princesses they are. You are the BEST auntie ever! You are not too shabby as a sister too!

Elizabeth said...

My...this was the SWEETEST thing EVER!!! It even brought tears to my eyes. You are the COOLEST auntie & those little girls are truly precious!!! I just LOVE Anna's little face in this picture! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...