Monday, June 1, 2009

Service Saturday

We spent part of our Saturday engaged in a service project with our ward at the historic Gribble Cemetary. Bark dust was spread, trees were limbed, grave stones were scrubbed. The boys worked hard for about an hour, and then headed off to the woods to play with the other kids.

Admittedly, I did not work. I took pictures. Lots of them. Almost all of them are of everyone but the usual four people I photograph. Anna was particularly clingy all day, so I had a little shadow that never strayed more than two feet from my side as I tromped around looking for good shots (and, boy, did I find some - unfortuanately they are of non-related individuals, so I don't feel right about posting them on my blog).

The official count of volunteers was 113 people. Wow! The best part for me happened at the end of the project, as we all gathered around for prayer and lunch. I looked around and saw all these people that are a part of the ward family laughing and talking and smiling . . . and it actually felt like it was my ward family - for the first time.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sierra said...

Nothing like working together to bring people closer. It's amazing how that always happens when a group is giving service.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...