Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fruits and Flowers


Please double click on this image so that you can see it in all of its mouth-watering glory. These are all goodies in my garden right this very second. Baby grapes are growing on a vine which is threatening to overtake my patio. We are eating blueberries like crazy around here, and under-ripe apples (the kids - not me). I am not sure what the fascination is with bitter, hard apples, but the kids can't seem to get enough of them. My father-in-law was very concerned about me thinning the apple tree this year so that the remaining fruit will mature to a large size. Needless to say I did not bother thinning the tree, since I knew (after having three apple trees at our old house) that the kids would gladly do the work for me.

The flowers are a particular joy to me, since I planted them all (excluding the purple hydrangea). The ranunculus were planted this spring from a bag of corms (though, I do not care for the color selection). The roses and echinacea were all planted several years ago in a small rose border at the back of the house. "What?", I hear you say, "I thought you said you planted all the flowers in this picture." I did. Several years ago, Sean and I house-sat while my in-laws went out of town for a week. We decided to put in a small flower border while we were there as a surprise. Now, I get to enjoy beautiful blossoms I planted long ago, never expecting to call them my own.

How can one not be satisfied by all that good, gorgeous stuff?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Castiel Moyes said...

Hey! I need to apologize that I STILL have your dish from forever ago. I even at one time had a thank you card to go with it.....that I am pretty sure is now lost. We are moving this weekend but I promise to come out and get it to you and visit before the summer is over!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...