Monday, July 27, 2009

Saying Goodbye

I have put off writing this post for a very long time, in the hopes that I wouldn't have to. Sean is very excited for this week. I am dreading it. Within 48 hours my beautiful red front door will no longer be owned by me. Somebody else will own it. Somebody else will walk through that door with all of their stuff and fill up all of their new rooms. Since April 1st I have toyed with the idea of moving all of our stuff back through that door and settling back into our little life in Beavercreek. It was good life. And I miss it.

Everyone is rolling their eyes about now. But your new house is so big. But your new yard is so huge. But your new schools are so good. Blah, blah, blah.

Yesterday morning I woke up and all I wanted to do in the world was go to Beavercreek Ward, and walk into my Primary room and see my beautiful Primary children. I want to listen to them sing, and hear them give talks, and see their little scriptures raised up so high in the air to show that they brought them. I miss Sharing Time and Singing Time and early morning meetings. I miss the women I worked with. I miss the sun filtering through the curtains in that beautiful new room. I miss my friends, my nieghbors, my Visiting Teaching sisters. I miss seeing my brother's family every week. I miss my ward!

Not a week goes by that I do not want to pack this big house all up and go home. In 48 hours that becomes so much more impossible than it was two months ago (and it was pretty much impossible then). I don't want to bide my time here, just waiting to move back. I want to make the most of my time here, because who knows how long it will be. But my heart is still home. And right now it is very hard to say goodbye to my home.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Castiel Moyes said...

I am sorry that you are feeling so homesick. I really do hope that it will get better with time. But I am excited for you to have sold your home! I think that is exciting!

Please come visit anytime! We miss you too.

Douhet said...

I completely understand. I was fine moving out to Molalla River ward but I will do everything I can to stay where I am. This is my home, my ward and my children's schools.

Sierra said...

I'm glad that you have so many happy memories of O.C. Thank goodness it's only 20 minutes away. You can visit your old friends so easily. I think it's good that the chance of going back has been passed. Sometimes that's the only way you can truly move forward. Things will settle down and you'll get to all your projects eventually. Don't rush through them, though. Enjoy the transformation of each space. It's good to put a lot of thought into it before picking up the brush or hammer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...