Monday, October 5, 2009

Onward and Upward

General Conference was so inspiring. I love to hear and see all of our wonderful church leaders teach us. Love seemed to be a major theme of Conference and the importance of safe-guarding our personal righteousness. I wanted somebody to talk about food storage because Sean and I are actually doing and okay job with that one and I wanted to give myself a little pat on the back. But alas, I was reminded over and over again how much work I have to do on myself and with my family. It is wonderful to know that Heavenly Father and my Savior are right beside me, helping me along.

The other great thing about this weekend was I got to see my newest little nephew - just one small week old (or is it two? oh, my goodness, did it really go that fast?). Yea for new babies! I feel so lucky to be one of those individuals to which family is a great blessing and strength.

So here's to moving forward and doing great things - great things with our new home, and great things with our family, great things bettering ourselves so that we can better bless others, and great things serving the wide world around us. We are looking ahead to all of the good that can and should be done - good that we want to be part of. (I know that last sentence ended on a dangling participle, but I don't know how else to say it and make it sound normal.) ;>

2 comments:

Douhet said...

Two weeks today. I'm glad you guys were able to see him yesterday. I figured you would have to wait until the end of the month for Halloween.

Sierra said...

Love the new picture and title block! Very cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...