Sunday, November 1, 2009

All Hallow's Eve

Halloween on a Saturday - what a treat! We always have a trick-or-treat supper with whichever cousins can join us. It is usually pretty rush-rush as everyone is zooming home from work, shoving their kids in costumes and driving over to our house to get food in their bellies with time to spare for some decent trick-or-treating before it gets too late for little ones. The beauty of Halloween on a Saturday is that we were able to start our festivities in the late afternoon, leaving plenty of time for everything Halloween should be.

I tried to plan some games, but the cousins just enjoyed being with each other so much that it was completely pointless. We had roast beef sandwiches and our traditional Halloween squash soup with my killer cinnamon croutons (that, for me, are the whole reason for the party). My niece even made a pinata that all the kids took a whack at post trick-or-treating. I think everyone had fun.

I am happy with how all of my kids' costumes turned out. Erik was Obewankenobe (or however you spell it), sans long pony-tail braid in the back (I could not figure out a way to attach one without him looking like an Indian from Peter Pan). Djeryd was, of course, Harry Potter. And Annabelle was a beautiful sparkle fairy. Unfortunately, as seems to be my lot in life, I did not take any great pictures of them in their get-ups. Grrrr. I think I was too busy worrying about food and taking pictures of everyone else, that I sort of missed my kids. Oh, well, there's always next year. I wonder what my kids will choose to be . . . I hope you all had a wonderful holiday as well.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tricia said...

How fun to have a family Halloween get together...I especially like the Harry Potter gang!

The Evans Family said...

What fun! I love Halloween traditions. I didn't get to see your boys, but Anna looked great! I need to try those cinnamon croutons...yum!

Sierra said...

I did have a great time! Thanks for hosting, as always. The croutons are one of my favorite holiday traditions! So delicious!

Sierra said...

I know I already posted a comment, but then I looked at the collage. Great pictures of everything. I looked at that shot of Anna with her smile and her makeup - it made me think of the picture of you all dressed up when you were 4 or something for a roadshow. I don't even know what it was for, but you look so much like Anna! Wow! Do you know the picture I'm talking about?

Ducheznee said...

The "Children Around the World" show.
What croƻtons? I didn't make it past the roast beef.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...