Monday, November 2, 2009

The Humanizer

Hi. My name is Carmel, and I'm a humanizer. You know my type. I waltz into your life, unannounced - just show up on your doorstep and you're fool enough to let me in. I'm everything you never realized you wanted, and when I'm gone you realize you'll never have everything again. No kitty can purr like this little motor box I've got inside me. No kitty will ever again snuggle in your lap just the right way. No kitty will take to your kids like me. No, you'll never find a kitty like me again. And too bad, so sad for you; now I'm gone. In just 24 hours I've left a hole in your silly human heart so big you actually cry over me.

But ya gotta understand, I'm a humanizer. That's just my way. I can't be tied down to one person, one family. I need my freedom, my space, my chance to explore life without any strings attached. You would have just slowed me down. I would have become angry, frustrated - it wouldn't have worked out between us. You'll just have to get over me. But, oh, I know you won't, not really. I might see you again someday. I might not. That's how things roll with me. I've got a million hearts out there to break. Love 'em and leave 'em. That's what I do. I'm a humanizer.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Leslee said...

I'm so sorry Carmel isn't back. Your blog is very poetic, but that doesn't help the hurt you feel. I'll keep praying.
Love,
MoM

Sierra said...

Did he not come back from his Halloween stroll? I'm sorry he's gone. It is sad, even after so short a time. Those animals are just so darn lovable and generous with their love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...