Tuesday, December 1, 2009

FHE: A Tasting Party

Along with songs, stories, and snowflakes, we drowned our kids in hot cocoa last night. My Activity Day girls and I are making little gift jars of homemade cocoa mix this week and I had to find out the best recipe. Enter: idea for a tasting party.

I made up six different kinds of cocoa, based on a single recipe. We had plain, cinnamon and mint - each made with two different kinds of sugar. While the kids cut snowflakes with Daddy to hang in their rooms, I set up the tasting table.

It was so much fun. My favorite part was the quiet after they each drank their swallows as they tried to decide if they liked the flavors and why. One was a doosy - cinnamon cocoa made with powdered sugar. It was surprisingly bitter (although it tasted fine with granulated sugar). All in all it was a very fun Family Night. And I am all set for Activity Days as a bonus!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...