Saturday, December 5, 2009

My Drum

I have been thinking about this post for a long time. When I hear the corny, canned 1950's version of "The Little Drummer Boy" I want to either laugh or gag. Thank goodness Josh Groban decided to redo it for his Noel album (see him sing it live). Now, almost everytime I hear it little tears prick the corners of my eyes. I cannot help but ponder what gift I would give to honor my King.

I see myself in many ways in the same position as the Little Drummer Boy. I have nothing fit to give a king - I am very poor and simple in that way. All I have is my little drum - an instrument that is so much apart of me I do not even realize I have it, I do not even realize it is my gift. So what is my drum? It is my life. The little drummer boy gives all of his fine-tuned, acquired knowledge and skill, as meager as it is, as a gift to honor the Savior. I am young and weak and flawed, but the strengths I have come from God and dedicating them to him daily - my life to him daily - is the greatest song I can play for my Master.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...