Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Tree

Thanks to Djeryd our Christmas tree is up. This wonderful little man got home from school one day, tromped up to the attic (the attics are very accessible in this house - yea!!), and hauled down all the Christmas boxes, including the tree. He set up and decorated the tree, then hauled every last box back up to the attic and put everything away! What a great kid!

This year we decided (after getting the idea from some friends) to let every single person in this family put the star on the tree. It all felt rather silly to me to keep putting it on and taking it off, but it kept the kids happy. They were all satisfied, and that counts for a lot.

We also took a family picture in front of the tree this year which we have never done. I think it is a neat tradition that lots of families do, but we've just never thought of it before. It was actually rather exciting for me because we got to drag out the tripod and I got to use the delayed release on my shutter. Very fun to play with the camera. ;>
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Evans Family said...

So, do you hire Djeryd out?! =-) We always get a picture in front of my parents Christmas tree, and I just realized last year that I want one of all of us in front of OUR tree. We'll have to get the tripod out, too!

Sierra said...

I love Anna's polka dot stockings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...