Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Ugly Winner

I had to get this post up before Christmas because I just don't think it would be as funny or as festive after December 25th. Last weekend we were invited to an "Ugly Christmas Sweater Party". We had not completely decided to go until the day of the party because I had not been feeling well for the previous two weeks (feeling much better now, thank you). So, as great as Sean's costume turned out, I could have made it so much more hideous had I been fully engaged in the costuming earlier in the planning phase.

As it was, my horridly dressed husband won the prize for "Ugliest Ensemble". Please note the high-water pants. (I would have killed for some red socks to go with those!) The glasses are mine, and do not look in any way silly when they are resting on my nose. We were ridiculously proud (seems fitting, since he looked ridiculous). It was so much fun to put all those finely-honed costuming skills to work in the midst of my child-rearing sabbatical.

Dustin, you should know that you were our complete inspiration and I was kicking myself all night for not getting out to a thrift store and rounding up a nice women's snowman vest to go with that striped turtleneck (maternity wear - gotta love having a current wardrobe that my husband can actually wear - not that he does - at least - I mean - unless it's for a prize).

Merry Christmas to all! Have a wonderful holiday!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Castiel Moyes said...

that is awesome! I have ALWAYS wanted to go to an ugly sweater party but never been invited. I think I am just going to have to have one next year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...