Friday, January 22, 2010

Bits and Pieces

I feel something of a compulsion to note the little happenings of our lives on my blog. My kids love to go through and peruse past posts. So, in that vane, here are some bits a pieces of our lives this past week. Anna and I finally finished our ladybug counting project. They line the front hall and Anna works on her numbers whenever they catch her fancy.

We made fimo necklaces in Activity Days and the kids wanted to try out the clay when we got home. Sean was gone that night so it turned out to be a bit of a lifesaver for my sanity. The kids were engrossed, and it was very relaxing to fiddle around with the substance for me, as well.

Our lovely cat (the cat formerly known as Gigi) is settling down quite a bit and we are enjoying him ever so much more now that his claws are clipped (yes, you read right - he is a he - not a she). Why we did not trim-up Greyor's little scratchy things sooner is beyond me. Anna keeps walking around the house telling Greyor he is a very good kitty now that doesn't scratch.

And, as you can see, we are all anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new little sister. Clothes are washed and organized and hung; a quilt is planned and waiting to be started (maybe tomorrow!); a playpen is purchased to serve as her first bed; her newborn hat is knit, awaiting its final seam; and now we are waiting for the new carpeting that continues to be delayed (I think we are on our third revised delivery date) so that we can finally get the girls' room set-up complete with crib and a new bed for Annaliese. I am trying to get life as organized as possible to smooth this transition. But I hope I am wise enough to know that one can only do so much, and then one has to just accept things as they are. In the meantime, however, I do not wish to squander a single moment of time when I feel good enough to do something - anything. ;>
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...