Thursday, February 4, 2010

Alyx's Quilt

The sincerest form of gratitude for a gift is to use it, right? Here is my thank you to my husband (and everyone who worked on my studio). And here is my thank you to my in-laws. I am using my studio to make a beautiful quilt for my new baby. And I am using my new camera flash to document it (I actually use my flash for everything).

I found instructions online for a "Broken Dishes" quilt pattern (pictured in the background of the top photo) a month or so ago. I realized if I reversed the two half-blocks I could create a "Pinwheel" pattern, which I think is more cheerful looking. Anna and I hit the fabric store, and what you see above is our girly-girl inspiration. I think it is going to be beautiful.

We also picked up some fabric for sheets for the port-a-crib, which will be Alyx's bed for the first few months. So much to do in just six short weeks. ;>
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sierra said...

Such beautiful fabrics, I'm sure it will be luscious! I took a peek at your current reading list. Dave Ramsey's steps really work good. What is Angels and Demons about?

The Evans Family said...

THe quilt is going to be beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...