Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Cub Scout Birthday!

Last night was Djeryd's Blue and Gold banquet for Cub Scouts. Scouting is celebrating 100 years this year, which is really kind of cool. All of the boys and their dads were supposed to decorate the cakes for refreshments. I baked the cake (carrot), made the frosting (cream cheese) and then shut my mouth. It was so hard not to say anything. I think they did a pretty good job for having virtually NO cake-decorating experience under their belts.

Because he is Djeryd, the cake had Lego Cub Scouts at a picnic table with a campfire.

Sean did a good job letting Djeryd design the cake and supporting him however he could (like slicing up those yummy chocolate fire logs).

I hope they do it again next year.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sierra said...

They did do a good job. How fun! We just had a dinner (a yummy one!) and awards handed out. Not any kind of mention of it being 100 years old. At least, I don't think so. I was in the kitchen half the time since our ward was in charge of the dinner.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...