Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's

Happy Late Valentine's Day. It seems as if we do everything a day or two behind schedule around here. Although I did manage to have Valentine presents on the table by Sunday morning (yea me!). Everyone got socks this year with a little note that read "We make a great pair! Happy Valentine's Day!" I got the idea off of one my crafty blogs, but I cannot remember which one.

We made Valentine cookies Sunday afternoon. The dough was prepped and chilled and ready to go. You can imagine my chagrin when there was not a heart cookie-cutter in sight. Dah! So we settled for lips and mittens that we could decorate with candy hearts.

By the time dinner was over and we were ready to decorate cookies, Sean and I realized our happy-parent-selves were about to turn into pumpkins. We called it a night and wound up decorating the cookies this afternoon. The kids did not have school today (do they ever have school????), so we had a very leisurely time celebrating with Valentine cookies. They made a very tasty Family Night treat.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Evans Family said...

That sock idea is darling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...