Monday, March 8, 2010

HELP - Pass It On: Project Linus

For our Family Home Evening service project this month we made two baby blankets to donate to Project Linus. It was really easy and went much faster than I expected (after I did all the cutting prep work).

We had so much fun working all together and singing songs (or should I say song? It was the same one over and over and over again). I talked to the kids a little bit about where the blankets would go. It was nice to hear Erik explain to Grandma a few hours later that the blankets were not for "our" baby, but for babies who don't have their own blankets.

P.S. I would love to hear some ideas for future service projects. Know any? Pass them on. ;>
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Evans Family said...

I am just loving this tradition you are starting. What a perfect thing to do as a family and a wonderful way to teach your kids about service (as well as being grateful for what they have!).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...