Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's Done

Well, it's done. That's pretty much all there is to say. I am not crazy about it. It did not turn out the way I wanted, but I am coming to grips with it. I can't even take or crop a decent picture of it. I think I am out of my groove. The thing I hate the most about the quilt (and I mean hate) is I used a plain white muslin backing. It looks terrible and like it is only fit for hanging on the wall. I did all of the stitching with purple thread and so the back of the quilt is a grid. It looks terrible. I am too tired and annoyed to rip it all apart and start over with a different backing. I just keep having terrible visions of swaddling up my new baby girl in a quilt that has taken me months, and is so very lovely on the surface, and that nasty backing being what is curled up around her face. Let this be a lesson to me - always choose a fabric I like for the back - and one that works well with the quilting thread. Grrrrrrrr. Maybe in a month or two I will make a new one and just put this one on the wall over the crib. Until then I will deal with it, doing my best to hide the backing (especially when the camera is around), and move on to all those Easter presents.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sierra said...

We are always our own harshest critics. I think it is lovely and I love the green binding. It's very vibrant and beautiful. I'm sorry you are unhappy with the backing. How about stitching a more satisfactory piece of fabric over the muslin and securing it along the edges? Let me know if you need/want me to do anything for you.

The Evans Family said...

Well, I think the front is beautiful! I, too, love the green binding, it makes it pop. Don't you hate it when projects don't come out like you envisioned them? The thing is you had the vision, not the rest of us, so we will never know and will just be impressed! =-)

Leslee said...

I agree with Sierra. I think it looks cheerful. Just add another back without taking the existing one off. I'm sure something can be worked out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...