Friday, April 16, 2010

Another Skirt

Don't you just love her toes?? Bright red in the rich green grass of spring. Love it!

I finally made it to my studio to actually make something yesterday. It was pure joy. I have been walking past my studio and occasionally stepping inside to retrieve or replace an item over the past month. Each time I set foot in it I wanted to stay and make something beautiful, but time and circumstances have not been in my favor. Yesterday, however, all the planets and stars aligned and a skirt was born.

I bought this fabric months ago because Anna insisted on it. I am not crazy about the material, but the shape of skirt and the use of the stripes has been haunting my dreams since February (it was supposed to be in Anna'sEaster basket, alas . . .). I whipped it up in a couple of hours. I did not have a pattern and I was in a hurry so the construction is actually quite sloppy, but the pure pleasure of making anything was intoxicating. I can't wait to get back in that studio!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Evans Family said...

I love the skirt, and the toes! I can't wait to make cute skirts like that for Grace, it's not as much fun when they are bigger like Emma!
It was good to see you at church today.

Leslee said...

I think it turned out adorable and she sure loved to show me how it twirlled!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...