Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dear Annabelle

Our sweet, little Annabelle turned 4 last week.  Oh me, oh my!  I think if I had to describe this little girl in one word it would be Delight.  Not only is she a delightful little spirit, but she takes delight in everything (except her brothers’ singing).  To give you a taste of this little one I thought I would “delight” you with a couple of the things that come out of her mouth.  Oh, and some pictures, we can never forget the pictures.

Annaliese 008

Anna: Mom, do you know why I very like my teeth like this? (Teeth pressed together in a smile.)

Mom: Why?

Anna: Because I very like happinesses.

2008-04-6

One of my favorite things that Anna has taken up is holding her sister’s hand in the car and singing songs to her when she cries.  Anna makes them up, of course, but I so love to listen to her lyrics.  She usually sings about Jesus and how he loves her and Alyx.  Once the baby settles down or falls asleep Anna tells me, “Alyxandria very likes my singing.”  Anna is my daughter through and through.  We hold the exact same position in our families – we are both the third in our family with two older brothers and a younger sister.  I love how, whenever I paint her nails, she insists on a different color for each finger, rarely in a pattern of any kind.  I love to see what outfit she will be sporting when she comes downstairs for the day.  Sometimes I think she has a really good eye for color and design, other days I just have to remind myself that artistic self-expression is critical for a person’s well-being.  I simply love being with her, experiencing life with my sweet Annaliese.

Pinewood Derby, baby 122

Anna: Mommy, do you like my germs?

Anna's B-day and park 179

1 comment:

Leslee said...

Oh yes, Anna is truly your daughter through and through. She delights you like you delighted me. She is all girl, as were you. And she is a wonderful big sister, just as you were. I love watching your family and remembering our family in the same stages.

Happy Birthday Anna!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...