Monday, June 14, 2010

Corners

I have been thinking about this post for a long time.  The following are some of my favorite corners of my home right now.  They are special places that lift my spirit every time I see them – even if they are messy (which is very unusual – I mean anything messy lifting my spirit).  So here they are:

Temple and misc 052

This little corner is in our dining room.  I call it our Family Home Evening corner because if there is anything family night related, it gets taped up in that corner. It is full of beautiful pictures reminding us to be better, a gratitude list that we all take turns filling out, Articles of Faith line the area near the ceiling, and the little shelf holds coloring books and flannel board stories (which we have yet to pull out – I have plans).  This corner brings me peace.

Temple and misc 053

This corner makes me smile.  This is just a small space in my closet (the baby is still in our room) that holds all of Alyxandria’s clothing of the moment (she is growing crazy-fast).  I love all the pink hangers in a row, the stacks of hats and onesies and bloomers.  I love the little black patent leather shoe poking out of all the pink.  I love being blessed with another girl to wear all these cute little outfits.  How can I not smile?

 Temple and misc 063

And this corner is my passion lately.  I cannot seem to get enough time in this corner of my life lately.  I eat, breathe and dream sewing right now.  I love the colors and I love the possibilities.  I love the expression.

 dress, cousins, studio time 074

Another thing I love about this corner is that I can share it with my children – every last one of them.  Lately the kids have come home from school, found me in the studio, grabbed a project and jumped in.  Even though they make messes faster than I can clean them up, I absolutely LOVE having them with me in this space.  I am grateful everyday for this room and all of the happiness that happens in it and comes out of it.

dress, cousins, studio time 075

1 comment:

Sierra said...

It's great that you have a space like that where things can be messy and fun and creative together. And then go downstairs to a clear dining room table for dinner. Can't wait to see what comes out of that room next!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...