Friday, June 11, 2010

King For An Hour

About a month ago I picked up a gift coupon book at Safeway (I think it’s Hallmark brand).  It has all these great little coupons you can give your kids.  I got it because I have a hard time thinking of fun, sweet things to do for my kids.  The coupons are full of ideas like “good for eating breakfast in bed”, “good for staying up an hour past bedtime”, stuff like that.  Well, the first one Erik got was called “Royal Treatment” and upon redemption we all had to submit to his every request and call him “Your Majesty” or “Your Royal Highness”.  He cashed it in last night.  It was so funny.  He was in heaven.  I would have gotten more pictures, but Alyx chose that hour to totally lose it (which has only happened about three times in her very young life – so it was a little alarming).

bionicle 010

Lucky him, we had strawberry shortcake for dessert and when he asked for seconds we could not refuse (I don’t know that he has EVER had seconds on dessert in his life! – at least not with my permission).  It was funny to listen to everyone change their voices and manner of speech to sound “royal”.  I think it was a very good coupon for Erik.  Being the middle child he rarely gets special treatment of any kind.  He is such a sweet, wonderful little boy and it was nice to have a chance to show him how much we love him.

bionicle 011 

P.S. I whipped out those cute jammie bottoms yesterday morning.  Anna was getting way too demanding about her sewing projects so I thought it was time to take a break and let her know that Mommy has more kids than just her.  She was surprisingly agreeable when I explained the situation to her.  And now she is being very nice about compromises on a new skirt (the pants I so desperately want to make have been nixed by her for now – I will try again in the fall).

P.P.S. I know the pictures are not great, but my baby was seriously screaming her head off.  This is, apparently, the best I can do under that kind of pressure.  ;>

1 comment:

The Evans Family said...

I love it! How fun to get the royal treatment, and I bet it was fun to give it, too! I may have to remember that one...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...