Saturday, June 12, 2010

There’s a Sucker Born Every Minute

My baby girl has taken to sleeping all through the very long night recently.  What a blessing.  I feel like I have energy coming out my ears.  It is so nice.  And what, you might ask, is the reason for this marvelous development?

baby, skirt, Evans 006

Oh, that blessed thumb!  We have a picture of Alyx in the womb with that little sucker stuffed in her mouth, so we had high hopes when she was born.  It took a couple of months for her little hand to get to her mouth consistently, but she’s practically a pro   now.  She still seems to have to shove the entire fist in her mouth before she can find her thumb, but hey, I’m not complaining. 

DCP09660

Djeryd was my only other thumb-sucker.  He took to it for about two years.  The annoying part of that story is that he didn’t start sucking his thumb until he was four-years-old.  I’m grateful he grew out of that one.  (Man, he’s a cute kid!)

1 comment:

The Evans Family said...

That thumb-sucking picture is beautiful! Whatever it takes to get a full night sleep...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...