Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lincoln City

We spent last weekend in Lincoln City.  Here is just a little photo album of our trip.

Lincoln City and puppies 011

This is Beach Trip Eve – a rare shot of me with my kids (Djeryd is not in the picture because he was not even the slightest bit interested in hearing stories about princesses).

Lincoln City and puppies 035

This is a shot from the deck of our beach house.  At the base of our flight of 70 stairs is Highway 101.  This almost caused cardiac arrest for me with my three littlest ones.  I had NO idea our “parking space” was on the highway.  Freaky.  Not to mention the house was crooked and made me slightly seasick, and Erik fell down part of the stairs once.  Never again to that place.

Lincoln City and puppies 051

I did not actually hit the beach.  Sean and the kids did a few times, but I was not fond of mixing a four-month-old with those clear blue skies and all that sand.  Poor me, I had to read and take naps and have time all to myself, while the kids dug for agates and built sandcastles.  ;>

Lincoln City and puppies 071

I love this shot of Anna.  We were waiting for the seals to be fed.  I love the light on her hair.

Lincoln City and puppies 110

Thankfully, there were “time-out” benches stashed all over the Oregon Coast Aquarium.

Lincoln City and puppies 141

Isn’t that an adorable bunch of people?

Lincoln City and puppies 161

Sean took this gorgeous shot.  Here all this time I thought I just knew how to take good pictures.  Instead it turns out my daughter is just incredibly photogenic.

Lincoln City and puppies 188

I think this is my favorite shot of the weekend (I love Anna’s little hands).  We packed up Sunday morning, hit church in Lincoln City and drove straight home (the ward was packed – like triple their normal attendance – there were people all the way from Maryland – it was really cool).  This was at the most beautiful rest stop.  And, let me tell you, we got ALL kinds of looks at this lovely place.  It was a great trip.

2 comments:

Sierra said...

Sounds wonderful, but too bad the house wasn't all you wanted it to be. I hate going places sight unseen. You just never know what you're going to get! I love the last one, Anna looks like a princess stepping into a magical forest.

Amy said...

Love her dress and hands! She looks just like Alice in Wonderland. You have beautiful pictures! Glad you got to relax at the beach! Woot for Maryland!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...