Thursday, December 16, 2010

Djeryd’s Gingerbread House

Yea, me!  Two whole blog posts in one month!!!

DSC_0147

Last Thursday Djeryd got home from school and asked when we were going to make gingerbread houses.  From my prostrate position on the couch, I sort of laughed and told him if he wanted a gingerbread house he would have to make it himself.  So that’s what that boy of mine did.  I handed him a Martha Stewart book that had a recipe and house template, and he did the rest. 

 DSC_0145 

I took him a few days to finish it – one step at a time – but I think he did an outstanding job.  (Don’t you love that sweatshirt mess?  The funny thing is he actually attempted to wear it to school the next day without it going through the wash.)

Gingerbread House 001

He finally got around to decorating the house on Sunday after church.  He had to rig up some Lego supports to keep the roof in the right place long enough for the icing to harden.  Djeryd and Anna made two different kinds of frosting and reveled in all that sugar.

Gingerbread House 017

I loved hearing Djeryd continually telling Anna “This is a lot of fun, huh?”  After about the fifth time Anna said, “Why do you keep saying that?”  It made me chuckle.

Gingerbread House 018

I am so proud of Djeryd for seeing something he wanted and going after it, even when it got frustrating.  Djeryd, you are one amazing kid, and so much fun!

Gingerbread House 019

2 comments:

The Evans Family said...

Oh, I love it! I am way too lazy to make my own gingerbread and too much a fan of the pre-assembled houses from Costco, so I am totally impressed that he did that on his own. He did an awesome job. The flour covered sweatshirt is classic.

Sierra said...

What an awesome job, and totally amazing that he did it all himself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...