Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Crossing Over

Legos and water drops 032-1

In January he Crossed Over.  My boy Djeryd is a Boy Scout now.  He bore the state colors at his final pack meeting.  And he Crossed Over.

Legos and water drops 053

Our pack does a very cool cross over ceremony, with lots of drama and story-telling and smoke.  It is a pretty big deal, which is as it should be.  This is a right of passage.

Legos and water drops 065 

I admit I got a little choked-up when he crossed the little bridge marking his departure from Cub Scouts and his entrance into Boy Scouts.

Legos and water drops 091

I think he looks very handsome in his uniform (although he desperately needs a slide).  I am so proud of him for earning that religious knot over his pocket and the Arrow of Light that sits below the same pocket.  Djeryd, you are so terrifically, amazingly, wonderfully special!

Legos and water drops 080

And here are two pics I could not pass up posting:  Alyx trying to feed Grandpa her polka-dotted sock (yum!) . . .

Legos and water drops 101

and Erik in one of his funny paradoxes – wrong place (on the bridge, on the stage – which did not surprise me at all), but very quietly and innocently eating his chocolate cake (which absolutely floored me – so much so that I had to take a picture for proof).  He makes me laugh.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...