Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Frenchy Bulletin Board

Bulletin board and stripe skirt 006 

I have been meaning to update my message board area in the kitchen for a long time.

Djeryd birthday 071

I stared at the blank board for a month before I finally got the ribbons and roses on.

Bulletin board and stripe skirt 004

I love how it turned out.  The roses are just rolled paper spirals that I pinned on with black-headed sewing pins.  I tried to use some of those decorative pushpins, but the pin part was too fat and dull to go through the ribbons, fabric and cork.  I think this turned out much better.  Funny how that happens sometimes.  ;>

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow! So cute. I love the skirt and message board. I wish I could come over for sewing lessons!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...