Monday, February 28, 2011

Snow Morning

Grandpa's dog, blouse, snow 002

It would be misleading to title this post “Snow Day” as the snow only lasted a couple of hours, much to our dismay.  I am not a snow person (I hate the cold), but I love a few days of good, solid snow.  I like it when it’s long enough to bake cookies and sip hot cocoa by the fire and drag out projects you’ve been meaning to finish if you could only find the time. 

Grandpa's dog, blouse, snow 009

I love taking pictures in the snow because all that beautiful light is diffused and reflected under our grey northwest skies.  But I hate it when the snow turns ugly – you know what I mean – that ucky, slushy, brown stuff waiting for a good rain to wash it all away.  I did not take very many pictures, mostly because it just didn’t stick around long enough for me to even get dressed for the day.  So I stayed inside in my pajamas with my baby and took pictures from the sliding glass door.  (Sean took this gorgeous picture.)

Grandpa's dog, blouse, snow 044

This is a picture of Djeryd and Erik making balls for a snowman, scraping what little snow there was from the yard.  Thanks goodness for the park full of snow just out the back gate to supplement our meager supply.Grandpa's dog, blouse, snow 010

Grandpa's dog, blouse, snow 037

Can you see the snowball flying in the air against the fence?  This was perfect snowball snow.

Grandpa's dog, blouse, snow 023

I think this is my favorite picture of the morning.  Pink (always), too small snow pants, a sweater (brrrr), mis-matched socks, and crazy, pokey bed-head sticking out a hat made for a grown-up.  Love it!

Grandpa's dog, blouse, snow 027  

I wish there would have been a little more snow and it would have lasted a little longer, but hey, I’ll take what I can get and just count my blessings we got to have french toast with Daddy on a school day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...