Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Striped Swirly Skirt

Bulletin board and stripe skirt 008

Anna has been asking for a long skirt.  So I took the gypsy skirt pattern used here and added some length.  The yoke wound up being too long and the bottom tier not long enough.  I added several inches of width on the bottom tier this time to beef up the gathers.  I made some notes in my sewing journal in case I decide to use this pattern again.  I really like how it turned out, though.  And Anna loves it, which is the most important part.

Bulletin board and stripe skirt 012

My favorite element are these ribbon roses (we’ll see how they wash . . .).

Bulletin board and stripe skirt 015

Anna’s favorite part is that it looks like “waves on the ocean” when she spins.  Success!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...