Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dad’s Dog

We are not pet people in our house.  We have tried and failed, and I really don’t care.  But I grew up in a home where we always had dogs and cats.  It’s funny, but I don’t even remember feeding them.  But I know I did because I can still smell the the salty aroma of dog food if I concentrate hard enough.  I think my dad was the pet guy growing up.  I don’t think my mom could have cared less, but I don’t know.  Anyway, my dad finally got a dog after something like a fifteen-year canine-hiatus (it’s actually my sister-in-law’s dog, but that is a really long story).

Grandpa's Dog 023

My dad came out for a visit a couple of weeks ago and brought his new best friend.  At first I told him the dog could not come in the house, but after I saw those big, brown eyes I couldn’t help myself.  Man, I’m a push-over.Grandpa's Dog 026-1

Anna ventured outside for some puppy playtime.  It took her a while to warm up to Jag (that’s his name), although I’m not sure she ever really relaxed around him.  In all fairness I don’t think the dog quite relaxed around her, either (he’s just a little puppy in a brand-new environment – I know he doesn’t look like a puppy, but he is; trust me).Grandpa's Dog 034

Regardless, he is a gorgeous dog and very sweet.  And it is so nice to see my dad with a new BFF.  ;>  A man and his dog – that is a beautiful thing.

Grandpa's Dog 004

P.S.  If you are interested in pouring part of the down payment for your new house into a dog, my sister-in-law sells them here.    

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...