Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Alyx’s First Birthday

2011-03-15 Alyx birthday

Our sweet Alyxandria celebrated her first birthday earlier this month.  It was the most laid back first birthday we’ve had in our family.  Djeryd’s was a brunch consisting lots of delicious homemade fancy foods, but for Alyx we served store-bought pizza and a store-bought cake (which turned out adorable).  We invited grandmas and grandpas, drank strawberry pop, watched Ramona and Beezus (wonderful movie), and opened a few presents.  It was so very low key, but so comforting and happy.  Alyx was way too tired by the time we sat down to cake and ice cream so she basically bawled through the whole thing (is it bad that we all laughed?).

To my sweet Alyx:

You are loved!  You are adored by each of your brothers, sister, mom and dad.  We love you!  You make our family complete.  We love to watch you toddle everywhere.  We love your little “o” face.  We love how you try to make us giggle at the dinner table by making funny noises and then smiling when we all look your way.  We love how you chew the corner off of any cereal box you can get your hands on (or any book, for that matter).  We love cuddling with you and giving you raspberries on your tummy while you wriggle and squeal. 

I love snuggling with you in the middle of the night (I know you will sleep through it soon enough and then I will miss nighttime feedings terribly).  I love that you gave Anna the chance to be a big sister.  And I love that you have given me another chance to be a better mom.  You are my sunshine.  I love you, Lu.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...