Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Little Fresh Air

Playing in the yard 017

Is it possible?  Do my senses deceive me?  Or has spring finally arrived in the Pacific Northwest?  I think my vegetable garden is beginning to dry out enough to actually plant some lettuce.  Although it is not warm, the sun is shining and the rain is supposed to leave us alone for the rest of the week.  The girls and I celebrated by spending much of the day outside.  We went for a very long walk (Anna was a trooper), and then played in the backyard.

Playing in the yard 025

The landmark moment of the day was this little one wearing tennis shoes for the first time.  She was so cute and absolutely loved it.  ( I do not push shoe-wearing at all when my kids are learning to walk – it just complicates things.  Once they’ve got it figured out and can motor around pretty smoothly in bare feet we introduce footwear.)

Playing in the yard 033-1

She walked all over that yard, falling down plenty of times, gritting her little teeth and getting back up every time.  I was so impressed with her determination and with the pure joy on her face.

Playing in the yard 047

Little Miss Anna is in love with this dress that we found in her baby sister’s closet.  Anna has taken it as an old-fashioned blouse for herself. 

Playing in the yard 038

I love the drape of the fabric, the cotton lace and the design elements, like all the gathers.

Playing in the yard 060

Oh, and isn’t that camellia gorgeous?  Although it pales in comparison to the little girl holding it.  ;>

Enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...