Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pink Pants for Alyx

Seminary and Alyx pants 009 

So here’s my latest and greatest.  I made these pants from the same pattern I used here.  I had these almost done for quite a while, but my brain started going  into hyper-drive with all the alterations I was going to make to the pattern and I go overwhelmed.  When I came to my senses I realized I just needed to tweak a couple of things from the last time – not reinvent the wheel.

Seminary and Alyx pants 022

I also took better notes this time so I don’t make the same mistakes twice.  I took an inch off of the top of the waistband which eliminated the saggy drawers problem we were having (this all happened quite by accident), but I forgot to shrink up the channel for the elastic around the cuffs and I was too lazy to tear it all out and fix it.  Hence the reason to take notes, so I don’t screw it up again.

Seminary and Alyx pants 025

I LOVE the black.  I love those striped ruffles and the satin bows!  I love the little scallop detail at the bottom side seam on the cuffs.  Love, love, love!

Seminary and Alyx pants 026

And I don’t know if you can tell, but if you look really carefully at the bottom partial purple-and-white flower on the photo above and the flower on the right hand side in the picture below you can see little sparkles.  I did some pick-stitches with metallic embroidery floss to add just a teeny bit of sparkle to these little babies – for my little baby.

Seminary and Alyx pants 028

Oh, and I do so love those toes!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...