Thursday, May 5, 2011

Is It Just Me?

Sometimes when I browse the blogosphere I come across these amazing blogs of women who seem to have it all together and all the confidence in the world.  They are so creative and fashionable and smart and they talk about how much they love to clean their houses.  I can’t seem to keep a clean house to save my life.  I can’t seem to get organized to save my life.  And no matter how much love, time and attention I pour into my children they still have bad days and I am still the bad guy. 

I know life is all about balance.  I think I’m failing my test.  I just can’t be all the things I want to be, and when I try to focus on the one or two things that are most important I get so frustrated that things aren’t perfect in those areas considering everything I am dumping into them.  How do people find the time to do anything besides cook and clean and cuddle?  Admittedly I have managed to sneak in two naps over the past two days, but I still feel so tired and stressed out and anxious . . . and quite frankly . . . that scares me.

8 comments:

Sierra said...

I just wrote a mini-book to you about all this, but the program dropped it. I will just tell you when I see you tomorrow. I love you! RELAX!

Annalea said...

I know I haven't commented in a long time, but I'm coming out of lurkdom to let you know that these same thoughts have run through my mind so very many times.

Life is supposed to be hard. No, really and honestly: hard! Full of bumps in the road, pain, heartache, limitations, and struggle. As much as I rail against that, life would be of little use to us without it.

I try (with limited success) to remember that in blog reading, I get to see the blogger's best (like we see others at church), while I have a tendency to think of only my worst. Granted, I'm coming out of a solid year of illness, am still stuck in the up-late-and-in-the-night-with-the-baby-even-though-the-baby-isn't, and still haven't hit the "settled in" two year mark in this house (and won't get to). But in my own mind, those aren't good enough excuses.

The only thing I've been able to come up with (with so much prayer and pondering and struggling) is to simplify. Drastically. Time is so limited (especially with the children home all the time), that I just have to simplify. It's a scary and frustrating process, but I'm starting. I'll try to let you know how it goes . . . hang in there.

The Evans Family said...

It's not just you. It's all staged and something, or many things, are being dropped in the backgrounds of those blogs. I've had those exact feelings this morning. The one thing I am trying to remember is that my main job and focus is to cuddle, cook and clean and (most) of the rest is just extra fluff.
You are an amazing mother MyLiege, and I look up to you.

Sierra said...

Both these lovely women said exactly what I spent twenty minutes typing out this morning and then lost! Amazing!

Sunderlands said...

MyLiege, I feel the VERY same way! I don't feel like I really have it together...ever...my house is a wreck 99.99% of the time, and I am so disorganized and so tired out of my mind! So, I feel for you! But, remember this...your kids are amazing! Erik blows me away with his pure sweet knowledge of the gospel each Sunday! He is one smart cookie! He gets that from YOU...and I think that is awesome!

Castiel Moyes said...

ditto......

Amy said...

You must be reading the wrong blogs. My favorite blogger (besides you) is Betsy Shaw over on babycenter.com. Just search Betsy Shaw on the website. I love everything she writes. She is so real. She especially made me feel better one day when she took a picture of every room in her house and posted it for all to see. I thought, Hey that looks like my house. Glad I'm not the only one!

Oh and hey, don't forget that there are those of us out here who envy your sewing and baking and fhe lessons and so on and so forth. You got a lot going on girl! Don't forget it.

Leslee said...

I echo everything every one else has said. Isn't it wonderful to have so many faithful friends who love you and support you and admire you so much. You are such an amazing and wonderful woman and you are a strength to so many. I love you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...