Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Father’s Day

Father's Day, house, 4th of July 009

I know Father’s Day was a while ago, but things have been crazy around here and I am trying to catch up.  So here is my very belated Father’s Day post.  I don’t even remember that much about the day except that all of the fathers in our life had ribs and garlic mashed potatoes and apple crisp that night at our house.  And I remember what Sean got for gifts because I worked hard and long on them. 

Several months ago, in passing, Sean mentioned that he needed more pictures of the kids for work.  I decided to give him six for the price of one (pictures, that is, not kids).  I came across this puzzle block idea in a Martha Stewart magazine years ago and have wanted to try it ever since.  My sweet father-in-law helped me out by slicing up the wood blocks and building the frame that they sit in.  I printed pictures and decoupage them on each side.  It turned out really great and Sean loved it.

Father's Day, house, 4th of July 014

The other gift I had up my sleeve was a t-shirt.  Djeryd helped me out with this one.  Djeryd and Sean own a little business called “Hawk-n-sons”  Do you get it?  Not everyone does, so don’t feel bad.  ;>  Anyway, here is a little shirt we designed and painted for him.  We was tickled, as you can see.  I could go into all kids of family lore about the picture of the hawk and stuff like that, but I will simply say it is a very special shirt to all of us.

Sean said he had a great day.  Which makes me happy because it was a lot of work.  But it was all worth it because he is the most wonderful person I know.  Love you, love you, love you!

1 comment:

Sierra said...

You do so many thoughtful things for your family. They are very lucky to have you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...