Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Handy Djeryd

kids, white field, red house 024

Sean and I are heading off for Youth Conference tomorrow and I still have so many things to do but, being the true procrastinator that I am, I feel like blogging this morning. 

We have been spending lots of time outside as we continue to try to whip this yard into shape.  Several weeks ago we finished putting up the arbor.  Sean sent Djeryd up on a ladder to pound in bolts.

kids, white field, red house 035

Then he handed the boy a scroll saw and had him shape all of the cross pieces.  He did a great job, and I think he was proud of his work.  I sure was.

kids, white field, red house 041

The 2 x 4 got a little bouncy so Erik sat in the middle of the board to reduce some of the vibration.  The only problem was Erik is probably the lightest kid in our family, so he needed some back-up.

kids, white field, red house 052

I love it when they all get in on the action.

2 comments:

The Evans Family said...

I could use a handy Djeryd about right now! And since I am a procrastinator too, I am looking at blogs instead of doing what I should be doing!! That's even worse than trying to get caught up on my own blog, at least you are doing something worthwhile. =-) See you tomorrow!

Sierra said...

Do you remember sitting on the boards for Daddy? I loved being out in the garage when he was working on things. The smell of sawdust and glue. The giant headphones to protect our ears. Good times.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...