Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Visitor

Sleepy baby, front yard 013 Djeryd and I got home from the library the other night and this amazing creature was hanging off the fuchsias on the front porch.

Sleepy baby, front yard 015 I am fascinated by the wing structure, not only the black-lined skeleton that makes the wings strong, but also the muscles and joints that connect those huge wings to that thin body in order to enable flight.  An engineering miracle.  The details on a body so small (the little gripping hairs on the legs, the small strokes of color for beauty, the microscopic hairs and joints, the perfect symmetry of the entire creature) compel me to marvel at the wonder of God’s creations, and reflect on the thousands of miracles that must be taking place inside my body on a moment by moment basis.  I am not sure how anyone could really believe that we were not lovingly made by a brilliant Creator.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...