Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Lazy Summer Afternoon

On August first summer finally arrived in the Pacific Northwest.  Halleluiah!  I am generally not very good about making the most of lazy-daisy summer afternoons, but I am working on relaxing with my kids during the day.  I am usually so worried about all that has to be done and running here and there that I miss out on the enjoyable part of child-rearing.  So today, after I put Alyx down for her nap and all the kids trickled outside, I set aside all of my “shoulds” and headed out to sit under the sun umbrella and simply hang out with my children.  It was wonderful and I highly recommend the exercise.  Here is a little snip of this afternoon’s activities:

2011-08-5

Djeryd made a movie, complete with a crashing-down-waterslide scene and rain.

2011-08-03 Summer Afternoon & Erik's Pictures2 

Erik painted a really cool geometric picture (which I personally believes rivals plenty of pieces I’ve seen in galleries and textbooks).

Collages2

And little Miss Anna painted and painted and painted, mixing all her own colors (I love that green on the rainbow).

I was a lazy bones and simply browsed a cookbook from my little chair in the shade.  (Now my baby is SCREAMING and I have to go be a mommy again – the not-fun-not-relaxing part.  Of course evening snuggles with my sweet baby girl . . .mmm . . . doesn’t get much better than that.)

1 comment:

Annalea said...

I love afternoons like that, where I just let go and enjoy my children.

In some of my reading lately, I came across a new blog with a bunch of sewing fun stuff . . . here are her men's shirt refashions, which are really fun to look at. I thought of you as I browsed through, so here you go. :o)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...