Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween? Really?

Is anyone else astounded it is time for Halloween already?  Normally I relish fall.  I can’t wait to dig out all my sweaters and jackets and wear snuggly socks all day long.  But this year I’m just not ready.  I think it has something to do with the fact that the sun did not shine and the weather did not get above 75 until the second week in August around here.  Dah! 

My trees are not even ready for it to be fall.  I have only one tree that is starting to turn colors at all – and that is just barely.  It’s cold and wet enough to be fall, but it wasn’t warm enough long enough to really be the end of summer (I don’t think it helped that my kids started school an entire week later than any year ever before!).  My internal clock is telling me it’s just not time for all this.  So how do I force my way through it?  I listen to Christmas music while I cut out Halloween decorations.  ;>

1 comment:

The Evans Family said...

I hear ya! If you need to get in the Halloween spirit, come on over to my house, there's plenty of it here...=-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...